Lily Rugo ’18 / Emertainment Monthly Staff Writer
First there was Pete Hornberger, the overwhelmed, defeated executive producer from NBC’s 30 Rock who gave up on his dreams. Then there’s the exact opposite, Disney’s Baymax: the lovable, cuddly, friendly, and caring robotic marshmallow from Big Hero 6.
Did you know both characters are one and the same? Scott Adsit played both characters and when you compare the two side by side, it suddenly all makes sense.
1. Baymax isn’t very good at sports.
Neither is Pete.
2. Pete takes pride in his accomplishments.
Baymax also knows when a job’s well done.
3. Baymax always knows what’s on his friend’s mind.
Pete also shares this sixth sense.
4. Pete works hard to get his job done.
Baymax doesn’t stop until his patients are satisfied with their care.
5. Baymax loves animals.
Pete likes them too.
6. Pete Hornberger cares about his friends and gives them compliments.
Just like Baymax.
7. Baymax is very cuddly and huggable.
Pete’s also very physical.
8. He may not be athletic, Pete tries to keep in top shape.
Baymax… needs to start
9. Baymax gets a little silly when he’s low on battery
10. Pete has been waiting for his time to shine
Baymax always knew he was a hero
And tonight, Scott Adsit’s Baymax side is a part of an Oscar-nominated movie, living out Pete’s dream.